Date of Last Revision: October 4, 2011
What information do we collect?
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- We collect Personal Data that you provide through the Service: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information as follows:
- When you register for access to the Service, we collect your username, email address, country, city and [age.]
- When you add a Third Party Service account to the Service, we will collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third Party Service and your data contained within that Third Party Service.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on the Site), we collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you order products or services on our Site, we collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card or payment account information, billing information and shipping information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your date of birth, picture, and biography.
How do we use your Personal Data and other information?
- Wemo Media uses your Personal Data in the following ways:
* to provide you with the Service;
* to personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Service for your use;
* to send you administrative notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
* to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
* to send you newsletters, surveys, offers or other information if you opt-in to receiving such information;
* to provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
* to improve the quality of the Site and the Service,
* to analyze, benchmark and conduct research on, user data and user interactions with the Service;
* to conduct market research, planning, troubleshooting, and problem-solving, and to detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity; and
* to solicit your feedback.
If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- We may create "Anonymous Data" records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. Such Anonymous Data cannot be used to specifically identify you. Wemo Media may store such Anonymous Data itself or such Anonymous Data may be included in databases owned and maintained by Wemo Media affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such Anonymous Data and pool it with other information to track, for example, information about the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of users of the Service, the domain names of our visitors' or users' Internet service providers, and how our users use and interact with the Service. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve site navigation. Wemo Media reserves the right, in its discretion, to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third party companies for their own business purposes.
When do we disclose your Personal Data and other information?
Wemo Media is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Party Service Providers: Wemo Media, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies ("Third Party Service Providers") to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ a Third Party Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function and the Third Party Service Provider is required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our Third Party Service Providers for the sole purpose of providing the Service to you.
- Legal Requirements: Wemo Media may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Wemo Media, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
What are your choices?
- You may request that we delete your account, and any information associated with your account, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete your information, it will be deleted from the active database but may remain in our archives.
What about children's information?
What if there are links to other websites?
How does Wemo Media handle security?
Wemo Media uses a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Despite these measures, you should know that Wemo Media cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data, that mistakes may happen, and that security cannot be ultimately guaranteed.
Access to Information; Contacting Wemo Media:
You may contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org.